Location: North Andover
All Care Division: VNA
Shift: Sunday-Thursday; 7 am-3 pm
Assist clients with personal care and home management as instructed by the professional and documented on the written plan of care.
Agency Expectation of Employee:
All Care is committed to Service Excellence, outstanding communication and exceeding the expectations of those we serve, including our patients, our referral sources, those who sup port our agency and each other. The agency recognizes employees who deliver on this commitment through a formal recognition program. At minimum, All Care expects each employee to maintain a positive, respectful attitude, to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management, to meet departmental productivity standards, while keeping current the necessary skills to work in the home care environment. Each employee is expected to maintain open, honest and appropriate confidential communications with all customer groups in order to foster an effective service environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Is flexible and available to accept Private Pay cases, as scheduled to meet client needs
· Understands and follows client Plan of Care
· Supervises and assists Private Pay clients with activities of daily living and homemaking, as requested, with demonstrated skill
· Transports / assists client on errands as requested
· Participates in activities clients enjoys i.e. taking a walk, playing cards, watching TV, etc.
· Engages with the client – offering suggestions for activities bases on client interest
· Is self – directed and pro-active to client’s needs
· Observes and reports any changes in the client’s condition and environmental situation
· Respectful to client requests, and ability to accommodate specific needs
· Communicate effectively with the client, as well as family members to ensure and foster quality care
· Appropriate and safe techniques in performing personal hygiene and grooming tasks that include:
a. Bed Bath, sponge, tub, and or shower bath.
b. Hair shampooing in sick, tub, and or bed.
c. Recognizing and reporting changes in skin condition.
Experience, Education and Licensure
Minimum of eighth grade education, high school graduate or GED preferred. Must be a mature person of at least 18 years of age who has successfully completed a Certified Home Health Aide Training Program (minimum of 75 hours), and has demonstrated competency. Unless otherwise agreed upon by employer, employee must have a valid drivers license. Furthermore, employee shall have use of a vehicle during working times and insurance as a driver of that automobile.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be Certified as a Home Health Aide in Massachusetts. Must have a valid driver’s license and valid car registration. Furthermore, employee shall have use of a vehicle during working times and insurance as a driver of that automobile. Must attend in-service education, a minimum of 12 hours per Calendar year which must include those designated as mandatory.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Americans With Disability Specifications:
Laurie Proulx, Recruiter – 781-244-1150 firstname.lastname@example.org
April Spelta, Recruiter – 781-244-1110 email@example.com