Location: North Andover
All Care Division: VNA
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm or 9:00am-5:00pm
To oversee and provide high quality patient care to clients in their home according to accepted best practices for respective discipline. Responsible for coordinating care, communicating with appropriate disciplines and care givers and achieving the best possible outcomes for the patients on caseload.
Agency Expectation of Employee:
All Care is committed to Service Excellence, outstanding communication and exceeding the expectations of those we serve, including our patients, our referral sources, those who support our agency and each other. The agency recognizes employees who deliver on this commitment through a formal recognition program. At minimum, All Care expects each employee to maintain a positive, respectful attitude, to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management, to meet departmental productivity standards, while keeping current the necessary skills to work in the home care environment. Each employee is expected to maintain open, honest and appropriate confidential communications with all customer groups in order to foster an effective service environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Case Managers are responsible for:
- Develop goal driven Plan of Care that addresses patient needs utilizing best practice
- Managing assigned caseload to agency expectations; including but not limited to providing re-visits lists for discipline extenders (LPN/PTA/COTA), weekend re-visits, etc.
- Managing schedule in accordance with productivity expectations.
- Documenting appropriate patient notes (visits, non-visit notes, telephones calls, orders, etc.) per agency standards
- Performing and documenting case conferencing (formal and informal) per agency standards.
- Documenting HHA I/O’s and supervisions per agency standards.
- Maintains attendance at agency meetings, competencies and trainings per agency standards.
Case Managers are expected to maximize clinical outcomes in:
- Acute Care Re-Hospitalization
- Improvement in Ambulation
- Improvement in Transfers
- Improvement in Wound Healing
- Improvement in Medication Management
- Improvement in Pain
- Improvement in Breathing
- Determine patient receipt of Flu Vaccine
- Determine patient receipt of Pneumonia Vaccine
- How well does the patient rate to overall care received
Case Managers will:
- Adhere to Agency established Evidence Based Practice for patient care (CHF protocol, Complex Wound Care, Frontloading, Rehab Participation, Maintenance Therapy, etc)
- Comply with infection control and safety measures in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Recognize personal strengths and weaknesses, independently seeks out appropriate resources.
- Share professional experience, skills and knowledge with other staff members.
- Adhere to accepted professional behavior (including but not limited to Maintaining patient privacy/HIPPA, Mandated reporting, etc.).
Graduate of an NLN accredited school of nursing. RN currently. BSN from accredited school preferred. One to two years of recent clinical experience. CHN experience preferred.
Must be licensed in the state where client services are being rendered. One year of experience under qualified supervision in a hospital, clinic or certified home care agency. Unless otherwise agreed upon by employer, employee must have a valid driver’s license. Furthermore, employee shall have use of a vehicle during working times and insurance as a driver of that automobile. Must be familiar with MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
Americans With Disability Specifications:
Laurie Proulx, Recruiter 781-244-1150; Lproulx@allcare.org