All Care Division: VNA
Hours: Per Diem
To provide quality care to clients in their home. The scope of practice includes direct client care and advocacy.
Agency Expectation of Employee:
All Care is committed to Service Excellence, outstanding communication and exceeding the expectations of those we serve, including our patients, our referral sources, those who support our agency and each other. The agency recognizes employees who deliver on this commitment through a formal recognition program. At minimum, All Care expects each employee to maintain a positive, respectful attitude, to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management, to meet departmental productivity standards, while keeping current the necessary skills to work in the home care environment. Each employee is expected to maintain open, honest and appropriate confidential communications with all customer groups in order to foster an effective service environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides care
- Maintains the level of clinical expertise necessary to meet the needs of the home care population.
- Maintains patient confidentiality as required by HIPAA.
- Complies with infection control in accordance with Agency Policy.
- Attends Team meetings
- Seeks out additional supervision or resources as needed.
- Works closely with scheduler to submit in a timely manner and maintain an accurate visit schedule
- Case conferences at least every two weeks with clinical manager.
- Provides home health aid supervision in accordance with Federal/State regulations and Agency policy as assigned.
- Participates in On Call rotation.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Check company email on normally scheduled days at a minimum of the beginning and ending of their normal scheduled day and responds ASAP but a maximum of within 24 hours
- Provides effective care to patients on caseload with focus on meeting and/or exceeding agency quality outcomes, included but not limited to:
- Case Mix Weight
- Re-Certification rate
- Target visits per episode
- Acute Care Re-Hospitalization
- Provides care in manner that assures above average patient satisfaction outcomes as measured by HHCHPS and in accordance with professional standards of practice.
- Adheres to Agency established protocols for patient care (CHF protocol, Complex Wound Care, etc.)
- Completes clinical assessments per Federal/State regulations and Agency Policy.
- Develops an individual plan of care including patient specific goals for each admission.
- Makes appropriate referrals for other services within the agency and community.
- Updates and revises the plan of care and interventions as appropriate.
- Participates in and documents case conferences with other disciplines at least every two weeks.
- Provides appropriate teaching interventions to each client’s status as appropriate.
- Communicates with physicians regarding the client’s status as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of contraindications/precautions in relation to diagnosis and/or treatment.
- Develops appropriate discharge plans.
- Completes documentation in accordance with Federal/State regulations and Agency Policy.
- Documents client’s level of understanding and response to teaching on every visit.
- Documents on each visit client’s progress towards goals including barriers that impede progress.
- Documents a skill for each billable visit.
- Documents at point of care with completion of the note the same day as the visit.
- Complies with agency policy regarding computer transfers.
Graduate of an NLN accredited school of nursing. RN currently licensed in the state where client services are being rendered, current Driver’s License. BSN from accredited school preferred. One to two years of recent clinical experience. CHN experience preferred. Must be familiar with MS Word, Outlook and Excel. Unless otherwise agreed upon by employer, employee must have a valid drivers license. Furthermore, employee shall have use of a vehicle during working times and insurance as a driver of that automobile.
Americans With Disability Specifications:
Laurie Proulx, Recruiter 781-244-1150 ; firstname.lastname@example.org