All Care Division:
Hours: Mon-Fri 3pm-9pm ; Mon-Fri 8am-4pm ; Tues-Sat 8am-4pm; Sun-Thurs 8am-4pm; Mon-Fri 2pm-10pm; Sat/Sun 8am-8pm
Assist clients with personal care and home management as instructed by the professional and documented on the written plan of care.
AGENCY EXPECTATION OF EMPLOYEE
All Care is committed to Service Excellence, outstanding communication and exceeding the expectations of those we serve, including our patients, our referral sources, those who support our agency and each other. The agency recognizes employees who deliver on this commitment through a formal recognition program. At minimum, All Care expects each employee to maintain a positive, respectful attitude, to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management, to meet departmental productivity standards, while keeping current the necessary skills to work in the home care environment. Each employee is expected to maintain open, honest and appropriate confidential communications with all customer groups in order to foster an effective service environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accepts client cases, wherever needed, to meet client and Agency needs.
- Understands and follows client Care Plan as directed by primary clinician.
- Supervises and assists clients with Activities of Daily Living with demonstrated skill.
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s condition and environmental situation.
- Arrives on time, prepared to perform duties.
- Attends in-services regularly.
- Carries a cell phone and/or beeper during schedule time, and responds appropriately and timely to meet the needs of the client and agency.
- Communicates with scheduling staff, supervisors and clients, especially any changes or variation in schedule.
- Document home health aide services provided and submit paperwork in a timely manner.
- Identify the client’s non-verbal communication in relation to pain and report to the supervisor.
- Maintain a good understanding of the grieving process and accepts client’s wishes.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor
Experience, Education and Licensure
Minimum of eighth grade education, high school graduate or GED preferred. Must be a mature person of at least 18 years of age who has successfully completed a Certified Home Health Aide Training Program (minimum of 75 hours), and has demonstrated competency. Unless otherwise agreed upon by employer, employee must have a valid drivers license. Furthermore, employee shall have use of a vehicle during working times and insurance as a driver of that automobile.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be Certified as a Home Health Aide in Massachusetts. Must have a valid driver’s license and valid car registration. Furthermore, employee shall have use of a vehicle during working times and insurance as a driver of that automobile. Must attend in-service education, a minimum of 12 hours per Calendar year which must include those designated as mandatory.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.