Location: North Andover
All Care Division:
To provide quality care to clients in their home. The scope of practice includes direct client care and advocates.
Agency Expectation of Employee:
All Care is committed to Service Excellence, outstanding communication and exceeding the expectations of those we serve, including our patients, our referral sources, those who support our agency and each other. The agency recognizes employees who deliver on this commitment through a formal recognition program. At minimum, All Care expects each employee to maintain a positive, respectful attitude, to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management, to meet departmental productivity standards, while keeping current the necessary skills to work in the home care environment. Each employee is expected to maintain open, honest and appropriate confidential communications with all customer groups in order to foster an effective service environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide quality care to clients in their home. The scope of practice includes direct client care and advocacy.
- Provides care in accordance with professional standards of practice.
- Maintains the level of clinical expertise necessary to meet the needs of the home care population.
- Maintains patient confidentiality as required by HIPAA.
- Complies with infection control in accordance with Agency policy.
- Seeks out additional supervision or resources as needed.
- Performs any other duty or responsibility assigned by supervisor.
- Completes assigned schedule and communicates appropriate clinical info to primary clinician.
- Check company email on normally scheduled days at a minimum of the beginning and ending of their normal scheduled day and responds ASAP but a maximum of within 24 hours
- Provides effective care of patients on caseload with focus on meeting and/or exceeding agency quality outcomes, included but not limited to:
- Case Mix Weight
- Re-Certification rate
- Target visits per episode
- Acute Care Re-Hospitalization
- Provides care in manner that assures above average patient satisfaction outcomes as measured by HHCHPS and in accordance with professional standards of practice.
- Adheres to Agency established protocols for patient care (CHF protocol, Complex Wound Care, etc.)
- Follows the established plan of care.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of patient related teaching.
- Responsible for any necessary follow up from visit.
- Communicates with physicians regarding the client’s status as appropriate and documents accordingly.
- Reports clinical status to primary clinician and/or other appropriate staff
- Demonstrates knowledge of contraindications/precautions in relation to a diagnosis and/or treatment.
- Completes documentation in accordance with Federal/State regulations and Agency policy.
- Complies with agency policy regarding computer transfers.
- Documents client’s level of understanding and response to teaching on each visit.
- Documents client progress toward goals and barriers that impede progress on each visit.
- Document a skill for each visit.
- Documents at point of care with the completion of the note the same day as the visit.
- Documents functional status in terms that are measurable then documents at point of care.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Graduate of a Physical Therapist Assistant/Occupational Assistant program accredited by the Association. Must be licensed in the State of Massachusetts. Must be licensed in the state where client services are being rendered. Unless otherwise agreed upon by employer, employee must have a valid drivers license. Furthermore, employee shall have use of a vehicle during working times and insurance as a driver of that automobile. Must be familiar with MS Word, Outlook and Excel
Americans With Disability Specifications:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Laurie Proulx, Recruiter 781-244-1173 email@example.com