All Care Division: VNA
Working in an assigned territory, facilitates referrals to agency by gathering and interpretation medical and financial data, meeting with patients and families and working with case managers to ensure optimal transition from hospital or other facilities to home.Develops strong relationship with referral sources generating referral growth. Responsible for the overall referral growth of assigned territory.
Agency Expectation of Employee:
All Care is committed to Service Excellence, outstanding communication and exceeding the expectations of those we serve, including our patients, our referral sources, those who support our agency and each other. The agency recognizes employees who deliver on this commitment through a formal recognition program. At minimum, All Care expects each employee to maintain a positive, respectful attitude, to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management, to meet departmental productivity standards, while keeping current the necessary skills to work in the home care environment. Each employee is expected to maintain open, honest and appropriate confidential communications with all customer groups in order to foster an effective service environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for increasing referrals to All Care VNA, hospice, and private pay based on individual budgeted goals.
- Conducts individual and group presentations on products and services in an informative, accurate, and professional manner. Responds to questions about products and services.
- Successfully builds relationships with case managers, social workers etc. and assists with the contracting and negotiation process.
- Acts as a liaison between physicians, skilled nursing facilities, hospitals and rehabilitation providers communicating service enhancements, new products, new programs and service delivery.
- Facilitates communication between Business Development and Hospital, Skilled Nursing Facility representatives and other referral sources. Relates opportunities for recovery activities.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates quarterly and annual territory plans to achieve growth goals and to implement agreed upon strategies and actions.
- Responsible for the marketing and promotion of all new services and programs developed for All Care VNA, Hospice and Private Pay.
- Makes initial contact and physical, social and phycological and financial assessment of patients to determine appropriateness of home care, hospice and private pay services.
- Ensures accurate authorizations for disciplines.
- Determines needs and coping skills of caregiver in caring for patient.
- Interprets policies and acts as a resource for case managers, physicians, hospital and community for effective public relations and marketing of services.
- Demonstrates the ability to tailor plan of care based on unique requirements of appropriate services to family and staff.
- Initiates referral-to-admission process for each patient referred by facilitating acquired data, leveraging available resources to ensure data is complete and accurate.
- As needed, provides accurate and thorough documentation either via phone, fax or computer to office for additional data entry.
- Collects appropriate signed forms.
- Provides accurate and thorough documentation on medical record.
- Ensures documentation is legible and comprehensive.
- Communicates with families regarding changes in care plan activities.
- Collaborate with referral source to assist in the establishment of home care plans by providing one or more of the following services:
- Participation in-patient care rounds and/or case conferences as needed.
- Participation in family/facility meetings as needed.
- Evaluation of clients in Acute/Rehab settings to determine initial home care services and safety issues.
- Communicate to the medical profession, the community and All Care employees via formal/informal presentations, written reports, etc. to facilitate timely quality care.
- Keeps Agency informed of facility changes regarding bed capacity, staff changes, new facility programs and/or procedures.
- Prepares monthly tracking reports on referral sources and keeps agency informed of key marketplace changes relating to providers and competitors.
- Understands that teamwork is a crucial part of our business, and is able to work well with colleagues, no matter the circumstances. Using individual skills, cooperates with others, and accepts and provides constructive feedback despite any personal conflicts between individuals involved.
- Utilizes current agency and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred; and
- Current nursing license to practice profession in the state where employee is providing service. Current driver’s license in state of residence. Possession of a registered and insured motor vehicle Able to perform CPR.
- Two years of experience working in an acute care setting; one year of home care and/or hospice experience preferred. Working knowledge of community resources. Ability to meet, collaborate and work efficiently with others in the community. Knowledge of entitlement programs.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft programs for internal and external communications, presentations, database tracking/reporting, and spreadsheet applications. Must have excellent oral communication skills.
- Is self-directed and possesses the ability to work with little supervision.
Americans With Disability Specifications:
Laurie Proulx, Recruiter 781-244-1150; email@example.com