MEET OUR HOSPICE CARE MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Dr. Lewis Hays, M.D., M.P.H.
ABIM Certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Dr. Lewis Hays, M.D., M.P.H., All Care Hospice Medical Director, has been actively involved with hospice throughout his twenty-five year career, dedicating his life to the comfort care of the patients he serves. A long time advocate for improving end of life care, Dr. Hays was instrumental in developing the Palliative Care Program on the North Shore. He possesses a strong passion and commitment to make a real difference in the lives of both caregivers and patients. As an integral part of the patient care team, he has trained the nurses to assess, recognize symptoms and develop a plan of care that emphasizes comfort, pain management, patient and family involvement and quality of life. Working directly with patients, Dr. Hays makes home visits to gain insight into the whole person instead of just the disease process.
Residency and Internship in Internal Medicine, Long Island Jewish and Affiliated Hospital, New Hyde Park, New York
- Doctor of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- Masters Degree in Public Health, University of Michigan, School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI
- Bachelor of Science, Tufts University, College of Liberal Arts, Boston, MA
- 2002 Board Certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- 1979 Board Certified in Internal Medicine